Receive tailor made quotes from a panel of horsebox insurance specialists
Enjoy your horsebox with complete peace of mind by getting it insured with a comprehensive policy.
Take the time and stress out of getting insurance quotes by getting them all from one place.
Buy the right insurance for your horsebox
Owning a horse comes with a lot of responsibility. You have to ensure their safety and wellbeing and this includes the way they travel. Using a horse box or horse trailer is necessary when you need to transport your horse from one location to another. Just like horses themselves, horse trailers and horse boxes are quite an investment so it’s highly recommended to get insurance to cover for all risks.
What Level of Cover Should I Get?
The type of cover you get will depend on whether you have a horsebox or a horse trailer. The key difference being that a horsebox is a vehicle in itself and therefore must have cover for road risks, unlike a horse trailer which is towed by another vehicle. Below are some of the types of cover you can get for both horseboxes and trailers –
Recommended cover for horseboxes includes:
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive cover is always recommended for horseboxes. It will cover you for all types of accidents, including those that you are liable for. Therefore you can drive your horsebox with complete peace of mind.
- Third Party – Third party insurance will only provide cover for third party vehicles in an accident that you’re liable for. This is the minimum level of cover required to be able to drive your horsebox legally.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft – If you want to get more protection without opting for a comprehensive policy then third party, fire and theft is a great option. It will provide third party cover but also cover for damage caused by fire as well as vehicle theft.
- Breakdown Assistance – Breakdown assistance is an extremely useful cover option to have included in your policy. Traveling to horse shows up and down the country means that you’ll likely rack up a lot of miles. As you do, the chances of breaking down increase. With breakdown assistance in place, you don’t have to worry about being stranded in the middle of nowhere.
Some of the things you can get cover for with a horse trailer insurance policy include:
- Fire & Theft
- Accidental Damage
- Public Liability
- Replacement Trailer
- Hire Costs for Alternative Trailer
These are all very useful types of cover and will give you full peace of mind when driving your horsebox. You’re usually able to have these types of options added to your policy without increasing the price by a great deal.
Benefits of Getting Insured Online
Whilst you can look for insurance in the old fashioned way by contacting insurance providers by phone, there are many key benefits to looking for insurance online. These include –
- Get as many quotes as you need in an easy manner – This is a huge bonus of getting cover online. Instead of having to call different insurance providers by phone, you can simply get quotes immediately without being given the hard sell. Getting horsebox insurance is a necessity so why not go about it in the most efficient way possible.
- Save time & money – Getting multiple quotes from specialist providers will usually result in you saving a good deal of money. If you simply get a policy with the first insurer that gives you a quote then you have no way of knowing if it’s a good deal or not. Get quotes online to save both time and money on horsebox insurance.
- Get a highly tailored policy – Because the quotes are sent by specialist providers, you can be very specific about the things that you want to have included in your policy. Additional options such as breakdown cover, accidental damage and hire costs for an alternative trailer are all available.
- Expert advice – If you’re not sure what the best type of cover to get is then you can speak to any of the insurers by phone and get expert advice on the cover that’s available. Speaking to an expert will give you the chance to have any of your questions answered and will give you a clearer idea on the type of policy that’s best for you.
- Easy claims process – The last thing you want when you need to make a claim is having to jump through hoops just to get your pay out. The claims process is very easy with the insurers on the panel so this is a concern you don’t need to have.
When you’re looking to take out a horsebox or horse trailer insurance policy it’s important to take any steps you can to save money on the policy. Below are some great ways to do this –
- Get a Limited Mileage Policy – This is only applies to horseboxes but it is a great way to save money if you’re not driving the vehicle regularly. Driving fewer miles means less chance of an accident and therefore a cheaper policy.
- Make Safety a Priority – Whether you own a horsebox or a trailer you should always make it as secure as possible and in the case of a trailer, ensure it’s tethered correctly and being towed by an appropriate vehicle.
- Pay Annually – If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly basis then you’ll be able to make a good saving on the total cost. Always haggle to get the lowest price possible when you pay like this.
- Get Multiple Quotes – This is an obvious one but something a lot of people still neglect to do. There are so many insurance comparison services now that getting multiple quotes is a quick, easy process and could potentially save you a lot of money on your insurance.
Types of Trailers Covered Include
- Ifor Williams Trailer
- Equi Trek Trailer
- Fautras Trailer
- RichardsonRice Trailer
- Bateson Trailer
- Cheval Liberte
Get Quotes Now
Now that you’re aware of the types of cover that are available, you’ll want to get quotes. Getting quotes is incredible quick and simple. All you have to do is click the red button below and once you’ve provided some required information you’ll then have access to your quotes. All you have to do is pick the one that’s best for you!