Receive tailor made quotes from a panel of horsebox insurance specialists
Enjoy your horsebox with complete peace of mind by getting it insured with a comprehensive policy.
Take the time and stress out of getting insurance quotes by getting them all from one place.
Buy the right insurance for your horsebox
Owning a horse comes with a lot of responsibility. You have to ensure their safety and wellbeing and this includes the way they travel. Using a horse box or horse trailer is necessary when you need to transport your horse from one location to another. Just like horses themselves, horse trailers and horse boxes are quite an investment so it’s highly recommended to get insurance to cover for all risks.
What Level of Cover Should I Get?
The type of cover you get will depend on whether you have a horsebox or a horse trailer. The key difference being that a horsebox is a vehicle in itself and therefore must have cover for road risks, unlike a horse trailer which is towed by another vehicle. Below are some of the types of cover you can get for both horseboxes and trailers –
Recommended cover for horseboxes includes:
- Third Party
- Third Party, Fire & Theft
- Breakdown Assistance
Some of the things you can get cover for with a horse trailer insurance policy include:
- Fire & Theft
- Accidental Damage
- Public Liability
- Replacement Trailer
- Hire Costs for Alternative Trailer
Benefits of Getting Insured Online
Whilst you can look for insurance in the old fashioned way by contacting insurance providers by phone, there are many key benefits to looking for insurance online. These include –
- Get as many quotes as you need in an easy manner
- Save time & money
- Get a highly tailored policy
- Expert advice
- Easy claims process
When you’re looking to take out a horsebox or horse trailer insurance policy it’s important to take any steps you can to save money on the policy. Below are some great ways to do this –
- Get a Limited Mileage Policy – This is only applies to horseboxes but it is a great way to save money if you’re not driving the vehicle regularly. Driving fewer miles means less chance of an accident and therefore a cheaper policy.
- Make Safety a Priority – Whether you own a horsebox or a trailer you should always make it as secure as possible and in the case of a trailer, ensure it’s tethered correctly and being towed by an appropriate vehicle.
- Pay Annually – If you can afford to pay for your policy on a yearly basis then you’ll be able to make a good saving on the total cost. Always haggle to get the lowest price possible when you pay like this.
- Get Multiple Quotes – This is an obvious one but something a lot of people still neglect to do. There are so many insurance comparison services now that getting multiple quotes is a quick, easy process and could potentially save you a lot of money on your insurance.
Types of Trailers Covered Include
- Ifor Williams Trailer
- Equi Trek Trailer
- Fautras Trailer
- RichardsonRice Trailer
- Bateson Trailer
- Cheval Liberte